I specialise in Gambling addiction but have also worked extensively in with other addictions, anxiety disorders, relationship difficulties, low self worth and a range of other issues. I love my client work and take a keen interest in their individual situations. I often can't wait to get into trouble shooting, problem solving and readjusting unhelpful behaviours, negative thinking habits and other factors that are contributing to a less than optimal existence.
I pride myself in using evidence based highly effective methods that are derived from a variety of scientific models. I use a lot of Cognitive Behaviour therapy/Metacognitive techniques but my main focus is always the individual and I believe part of my success with clients is due to an eclectic yet scientific approach to problems. I spend a lot of time educating my clients about their problem and/or condition so that they will understand how to help themselves after our sessions come to an end.
As a specialist in Gambling addiction I have learnt that tough love is a good approach with my clients; and I deliver straight, honest and effective interventions with care and compassion and always try and if suitable also a touch of humour
Brief mention of some of my key points of my journey as a Psychologist...
- 2004 qualified as Chartered Counselling Psychologist
- spent 3 years in Las Vegas 2004-2007 researching and working with Gambling addiction
- 3 years at the Nightingale hospital in London running an addiction group on the inpatient ward
- 10 years in my own Private practice
- 5 years of service at Guy's and St Thomas's hospital setting up and running a CBT service for staff
- Creating and running 2 homeless programmes for Problem Gamblers in shelters in Westminster London
- Working with the House of Parliament to support MP's struggling with stress